Colm Quinn are currently looking to recruit a Parts Advisor to join our busy team at our BMW Retail Centre in Galway.
The ideal candidate:
- Will possess excellent communication skills and be both computer literate and confident in administrative duties.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the ordering, receipt, storage and issue of parts to service department staff and retail trade customers.
- You will be customer-focused, well-presented, energetic and enthusiastic. A clean, current driving licence is necessary and knowledge of Kerridge/ADP would be an advantage.
- Main Retailer Parts Experience within the Motor Trade is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- In return, we offer an excellent remuneration package for the right candidate and the chance to be part of a rapidly growing prestige Retailer Group.
Please apply with your most up to date CV and cover letter via email to [email protected]
This role of Service Advisor is an extremely important role within the “The Customer Journey” at Colm Quinn as you will be the main point of contact for the customer in addressing any general servicing or specific issues they experience with their vehicle. It is the role of the Service Advisor to make this process as straightforward as possible for the customer.
Applicants must be dedicated to customer satisfaction and willing to work as part of a Team within a hugely busy award winning Service Department and Retail Centre.
The successful candidate will at all times take pride in being a representative of the BMW, MINI and the Colm Quinn Brands.
The primary tasks of a Service Advisor at Colm Quinn are as follows:
- Handle telephone calls and walk in requests from customer wishing to book service or repair work
- Determine workshop availability using the workshop loading or booking system
- Make suitable appointment for customer
- Liaise with the Parts Department to ensure that the correct parts are ordered for the job and will be available.
- Meet and greet the customer when they arrive with their vehicle.
- Establish a clear understanding of any symptom or problem the customer has with their vehicle. This information is obtained by probing the customer about the vehicles performance, by a visual inspection or by a road test.
- Note any damage, scratches etc. Input all this information on the Job Card to assist the Technician to arrive at a final diagnosis.
- Complete Job Card with clear information on each piece of work to be completed by the Workshop.
- Verify method of payment and clarify what the customer must pay for.
- Liaise with customers while their vehicle is in the workshop to inform them of the estimate of the costs involved in any additional work and obtain authorisation for all such additional work.
- Liaise with the Workshop to ensure that the customers’ needs are communicated to the Technicians and negotiate any actions required to ensure that the Customers requirements are met.
- Ensure that the Customers vehicle is ready for collection at the pre-agreed time.
- When the customer arrives to collect their car, explain all service and repair work completed item by item and how this is reflected in the invoice.
- Liaise with customers to discuss Vehicle Health check (VHC) and deferred work requirements;
- Notify customers when backorder parts become available, arrange appointment and schedule into workshop.
- Manage booking to maximise workshop productivity.
- Assume some appointed duties of the Service Manager or other staff members in their absence.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis.
We offer an excellent remuneration package for the right candidate and the chance to be part of a rapidly growing prestige Motor Retailer.
Please apply below with your most up to date CV and cover letter:
Aftersales Advisor - Colm Quinn Group - Jobs.ie - Jobs in Ireland. Irish Jobs.